Friday, August 28, 2009

Ballet Beneath the Freeway

I was so excited to try out a new location with this senior! My husband and I scouted out the beat up areas located beneath the 1-5 freeway in Portland and found some wonderfully grungy spots!

When she came in with her mother (a gifted watercolorist) for her consultation, they were just brimming with ideas for props and accessories. She brought balloons, which I adored! Then she let a bouquet of flowers droop and die a few days before and we used those when she was in that watercolor ballet dress! What's not to love about the juxtaposition of the graceful ballerina amid the grunge of the city?

We headed up to Pittock Mansion and she brought out the cowboy hat and sunflowers! The red dress was fabulous and then she put on her tutu. It was exquisite! I played around with an off camera flash to get some dramatic shadows in the fading sunlight. There are some shots of her which definitely take my breath away!

We ended up at my studio. I love the ones with the graffiti backdrop and her legs in crazy positions. The one with her green dress on my new red backdrop is stunning! All in all and wonderful photo shoot!

Here you go "B"! I hope you love these as much as I do!

No comments: